Wednesday, June 6, 2007

LAUNCH!

Hello,

Welcome to the first post of the Ikeaphile, moí.
I'm slightly obsessive over attractive design, so I can easily spend hours browsing an Ikea store, or even their website just looking. (alright, some drooling is involved too)

The aim of this Blog will be, no, not to stroke my ego, but expand others' thinking in regards to lighting styles and equipment through cheap stylish solutions anyone can get from Ikea. Occasionally certain solutions may include items needed from another location but the focus will be heavily on Ikea products. Each post will be pretty photo-rich so everything will be easily understood.

I'm making it a goal to update with relative regularity for everyone's benefit, as I get a feel for how responsive you, the readers, are I will post more frequently. So don't hesitate to let me know what you think with your comments & emails, please.

This being merely an introduction, the first official post will be 6.7.07 (that's June, I'm in America).

What is an Ikeaphile?

Ikea [ī-kē-yah]
noun
1. An awesome international home store

-phile
suff.
1. One that loves or has a strong affinity or preference for.

So if you have a love of, or strong affinity for, an awesome international home store (Ikea) you qualify. Furthermore, if you are any level of photographer this stuff is for you. Even if you can afford Chimera and Hensel stuff, this can still be a lot of fun for you.

In the Strobist tradition, there will be a Flickr group for readers to post their experiments in for C&C, and to share our Ikea-love in the forum.

Finally, if you have already found your own Ikea solutions for photography, LET ME KNOW! I know you're already out there, and the stuff I've seen so far has been very creative, useful, and well, functional in a real environment. I'd love to blog about you.

Hope we can all enjoy this, and heck, maybe learn something along the way.


Be sure to use RSS for easy checking of updates.

No comments: